Sunday, March 08, 2009

My experiment with gun metal





What a name for wire, right? Yup.. gun metal was a name of color in artistic wire. I was not interested when time I saw it at first. But when a friend used it for her bangle, it looked so interesting. So I bought 2 spools.For this experiment I used a colored druzy because I think the greenish color of the druzy would go well with gun metal color.







Let me tell you about this gun metal, the wire was not as hard as brass or even silver. It's definitely forgiving for your hands. Although it's not "non tarnish"... the color is gorgeous... its sooooooo vintage.... So be careful when using the flat nose, not to scratch the wire, if you decide to use it.




My experiment came out very nice.... I love the vintage look by using gun metal. I think I'm going to make a brooch unfortunately I'm out of pin... hihihi.... but I better share the pictures with you first then buy the pin later, right?

























No comments:

Post a Comment